Friday, April 19, 2019

LTE, WIND ENERGY ASSOCIATION


RE: What have I done

Yahoo/Inbox

·         Thomas Astolfi 

To:Daniel Barker
Jun‎ ‎22, 2017 at 12:42‎ ‎PM
Hi Daniel,

I appreciate your response, as protecting environmental and ecological health is something I am deeply passionate about myself! Our environment is a precious resource, without which, we would be unable to survive. If you are interested in finding ways of getting involved in helping to promote Wind Energy, I’d highly encourage you to visit our Power of Wind Website! From here you can sign up to receive our action alerts, get in touch with your local representatives and join our grassroots network of WindPower Advocates!


Thank you again for your thoughtful response and together we can create a brighter and more sustainable future together!

Thomas Astolfi
Grassroots Advocacy Intern
American Wind Energy Association
 
TAstolfi@awea.org  email
202-383-2500
  direct
919-219-9807   cell

From: Daniel Barker [mailto:whipple1078@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:20 AM
To: gcreportback@globalcitizen.org
Subject: What have I done

Fellow Americans,

     I just received a graphic showing thirty years of what mankind is doing to natural habitat, from the poles to the rainforest to the deserts and all in between. 
What have I done.  Last week I started a campaign golf carts allowed to cross the main road into the adjacent shopping center so our residents do not have to drive.  I had published in our community newsletter that another road adjacent to our community had bicycle lane markings installed, to let members of our community aware.
    I have been published in my city's newspaper thirty times since moving here, including energy policy.
Now, here are some ways I can work on getting change in energy.  We know in general the air in America is cleaner primarily the switch from coal to methane, and more recently the additional wind and solar.  Just lately wind and solar jumped to ten percent of the nation's energy, as you are all aware.  I currently subscribe to a wind consortium; every month I receive a statement my wind power has offset my utility consumption of fuel. 
    The significance of wind and solar is, any increase means less consumption of methane...and that means less reduction of strategic reserve.  So, a good selling point for advocate of wind or wave or other to convince is using these energies saves our reserves of coal, methane and petroleum.
    For those of you in the West, I propose the policy of National Park everywhere; motorized vehicle allowed only on authorized trails, riverbeds, and bare rock.  When I lived in Utah, I went with some guys to red rock country and I did my part obey the law.  We went to Canyonlands NP Needles District, and learned of a small canyon only five vehicles a day.  We were three dirt bikes and a truck.  The canyon had an entrance fee.  We paid our dues and rode to the canyon.  Upon entering the gate and putting in the passcode to get in, the fifth vehicle was leaving. That meant we had the canyon to ourselves to enjoy.
    When I return to Utah, I plan on carrying oil and paper to paint on my trips.
The policy of limiting motorized vehicles I feel benefits everyone.  By limiting trafficking, this makes for a more enjoyable experience.  We can have scientists monitor damage to see how many vehicles the land will sustain. 
   And I feel we can employ this policy all over the country.  Who wants to go to Yellowstone when it resembles Central Park!  In my twenty five years of Utah, the only time I remember perhaps Yellowstone happened to be on my way to the eclipse of 1980 I saw in Montana. 
    So I feel we can use the argument using other energy means we are not using our strategic reserves.  Limiting the number of motorized vehicles means a more pleasant experience.


I welcome your comments.  You have a limited staff responsible to reply to comments.  I would like to volunteer help you reply to comments.

Daniel Barker
6339 Egret Dr.
Lakeland, FL  33809
863-815-4534






This electronic message and its contents are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may be confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to this message and its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.


No comments: